New York City, USA
19 to 20 May 2020
The global timber investment landscape, regional comparisons, trends and opportunities.
Fastmarkets RISI and DANA are pleased to present the 7th annual Forest Investment Conference which aims to bring together the financial community and those engaged in tracking, owning or managing timberlands. After a resounding success in London in 2019, with 160+ international attendees from 23 countries, the 2020 event is returning to New York - a move reflecting the globalization of timberland investing.
The two day conference will take an in-depth look at timberland investments around the globe and how these opportunities will unfold in the near future.
Attracted to this financial hub, delegates will hear from a key speaker lineup, including Fastmarkets RISIs team of experts as well as industry leaders from investment firms, pension funds, TIMOs and more.
Who must attend?
The conference is designed for busy executives who want to gain a clear understanding of key segments of the forest products industry investments and opportunities.
- TIMOs and REITs
- Pension fund managers
- Private family offices
- Private landowners
- Hedge fund managers
- Forest management companies
- Forest products producers
26 to 29 May 2020
DANA has joined with the respected Russian information Company Whatwood to hold our inaugural Russian Forest Industry Sector Outlook Conference in Helsinki, Finland on 26 and 27 May 2020. The event will take place at the Hilton Helsinki Strand Hotel.
DANA Director Dennis Neilson and Moscow based Whatwood Director Igor Novoselov are collaborating to ensure the topics and speakers for this conference will be first class. Dennis was the lead author of the 2019 Fast Markets RISO 500 page, PowerPoint style Report: Russian Timber: A Growing Force in World Trade.
Immediately after the conference a two day optional Field Trip is planned, with visits to harvesting and wood processing equipment manufacturers who sell to Russia (and in fact to the rest of the world); and to mills using some of this equipment.
We have chosen Helsinki to be the conference venue location as:
- It makes it easier for international delegates to travel to largely visa-free Finland
- Helsinki is only 3 hours by frequent fast train to St Petersburg and Moscow and other Russian cities
- It is much easier to complete a two day post-conference field trip in Finland to visit several equipment manufacturers of forest harvesting and wood processing equipment, and to mill using that equipment
- With all of these companies also exporting equipment to the world so of interest to international as well as Russian delegates.
We welcome and encourage all potential delegates to register for both this major international conference on 26 and 27 May, and the field trip on 28 and 29 May.